Your privacy is critically important to us. At MoQuality, we have a few fundamental principles:
• We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
• We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
• We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
• We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
• We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers.
• Our websites (including moquality.com, and app.moquality.com);
• Our mobile and desktop applications (including the Barista mobile app for Android, and MoQuality recorder for Mac/Linux/Windows); and
• Other products and services that are available on or through our websites.
Information You Provide to Us. It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
• Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a MoQuality.com account to provide a username and email address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your name–but we don’t require that information to create your account.
• Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a subscription to a MoQuality plan, pay utility fees for the testing service, for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information. We never store PCI information, and it is directly passed on to our payment gateway engine, currently Stripe.com
• Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you and others in the test data provided for the testing scripts, in addition to the application binaries to be tested themselves.
• Credentials: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with credentials for your websites or apps for use within test scripts.
• Communications with Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our Support Engineers about a support question, or post a question about your site in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically. We also collect some information automatically:
• Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create or make changes to your website on MoQuality.com.
• Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on a site–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support documentation at docs.moquality.com, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
• Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps & SDK, if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
• Stored Information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile app. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your MoQuality.com account through another service (like Google) or if you connect your website or account to a service (like Github), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and repositories list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available. We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information.
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
• To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, test your applications, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
• To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to test their apps more efficiently;
• To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
• To train our AI/Machine Learning systems to better adapt test scripts across platforms and app versions, and for automatic issue detection;
• To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of MoQuality and others;
• To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by MoQuality and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on MoQuality and our products; and
• To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information. We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
• Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
• As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
• To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of MoQuality, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
• With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
• Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you.
• Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to securely save your password and your computing platform (computer, web browser, etc).
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
• Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information.
• Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features.
• Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
• Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, MoQuality does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using MoQuality’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of MoQuality’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
MoQuality is a worldwide service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
One More Thing: This Policy Is Available Under a Creative Commons Sharealike License.
Last modified March 5, 2018