Setup A Code Editor
A code editor is a program designed specifically for editing computer code. There are many great ones out there.
- Easy working with Git and other SCM (Software Configuration Management) providers
- Code refactoring & debugging
- Easily extensible and customizable Download it here. (Available on both Mac and Windows)
Notepad++ is free and one of the most popular source code editors.
- Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion
- Macro recording and playback
- User-defined Syntax highlighting and folding
- Entirely customizable GUI
- Multi-view and Multi-Language support Download it here. (Available on Windows only)
Atom is another popular open-source code editor tool preferred by programmers due to its simple interface.
- Package Manager Integrated for Plugins support
- The feature of smart autocompletion
- Supports Command Palette
- Multiple panes
- Allow cross-platform editing Download it here. (Available on both Mac and Windows)